Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wind Cave

It started off today raining so I decided to go for a hike instead of bike riding. Wind Cave was the closest short trail I could take and stay fairly close in to escape the rain if it got bad. As luck would have it there were only a few rain drops when I first started out and it didn't rain again the rest of the day.

This hike is 1.3 miles one way and not a steep climb. Today it was pretty wet and my legs got wet but my raincoat kept the wet branches from soaking me along the trail.


The fog and overcast conditions gave the canyon a really cool look so I took plenty of pictures. It wasn't cold and even though things were so wet and a little muddy, it was a very nice day and a change from bike riding. Not that I needed a change from bike riding mind you, I sure haven't gotten tired of that yet but riding on muddy roads and trails was not what I wanted to do today. Maybe tomorrow.


No comments: