Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ephraims Grave

I had a nice day riding up to Ephraims Gave site. This is a place where a giant grizzly bear was killed back in 1923. The plaque says the stone I'm sitting next to was the height of the bear while standing upright, 9ft 11 in. As I was riding along I kept thinking about how grizzly's used to roam this country. I got to see a cow moose as I was coming down the road toward this place too which was a nice treat considering I have seen many moose tracks, some of them really fresh.

This first picture I took while coming back down the road as some ominous black clouds were rolling in. My truck is parked way down below, 5 or 6 miles away and I had to race down the hill to try and get out ahead of the rain showers. Needless to say I didn't make it and got a little wet in the last mile or so. It was all good though since most of the day it was sunny and warm.

One of the cool things along the way was the fact that there were many different types of wildflowers blooming. I still don't know the names of any of them except for the mule ear which has bright yellow flowers. Mule ear is so common where I came from that I didn't bother trying to take any pictures of it. It was till nice to see and contrasted with the deep greens.

No comments: