Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tony Grove Lake

Today bike riding was out of the question due to the incessant rain. It was pouring when I left town this morning so I decided to drive up to Tony Grove Lake and take a walk around the lake with my rain gear on, which is exactly what I did. It wasn't cold but it was raining steady the whole walk. I had the whole place to myself, as you might imagine, so that was a good thing. I also had to stay on the main trails since the ground everywhere else was water logged and quite soft.

Both of these lake pictures are of Tony Grove Lake.

After I got around the lake I drove down the hill and decided to go up to Bear Lake. I really didn't want to drive all the way to Bear Lake so I stopped at the scenic overlook and took a picture or 2 from there but it was too overcast and the pictures didn't suit me so I'm not posting them. Bear Lake is a pretty large one that spans the Utah Idaho border in the north east corner of Utah. At least I got a view of it from the top of the hill and maybe I'll go down and check it out sometime in the future when I have Karen with me.

On the way back down the hill I stopped at several places and checked them out for places to go tomorrow or the next day.
One of those places was Ricks Spring. Right next to the road is this really cool looking spring just bubbling out of the ground. The water is real clear but the signs there tell that the water from this spring actually comes out of the Logan River. No matter where it comes from it's pretty interesting to see this huge amount of water coming out of the ground.

So the rain let up for the afternoon and maybe tomorrow I will be able to ride my bike again. That would be nice but nevertheless I have had a nice time lately just exploring the country side, even if some of it has been done on foot.

No comments: