Sunday, December 7, 2008

Climbin' Stony Ridge

I climbed to the top of Stony Ridge today from the bottom. I could have driven part way up but that would defeat the purpose so I walked from the main road. Karen was #1 in my thoughts like she always is. I kept thinking about how she would like the scenery along the way so I took plenty of pictures and even a couple of videos but the videos didn't do the walk justice so I'm not sharing them. Anyway, a beautiful day for a nice hike and some really pretty forested scenes.


The pointy peak in these pictures is Clarks Peak and if you look close to the peak on the right, you'll see the lookout at Thompson Peak.

My time doing these hikes is quickly coming to an end, as soon as the snow comes that will be the end of it for the year and I'll be gone to Idaho before the thaw in the spring. I can't wait to make this move, I'm just not happy here anymore without Karen. Ya think I have it bad? Yep!

No comments: