Monday, December 8, 2008

Fishing at Eagle Lake

Got up early this morning and went up to my usual spot at Eagle Lake. I left later than usual but still got there before I could see my bobber. Shorter days this time of year, in fact the winter solstice will be coming up on the 21st. That's the shortest day of the year, sunlight-wise for anyone who doesn't know that. But anyway, back to my fishing... I started getting bites right away and before too long I hooked one. The first 2 were small so they went back but I ended up getting some solid 2-3 lb fish like the ones in this picture. I landed 5, broke one off and had many bites, all within an hour of getting there, which made it all so special.

It was a little cold with a North wind blowing and my net froze up when it wasn't in the water. One of these fish on the stringer was giving me a good fight when the sun was hitting the hill across the lake behind me and it was just beautiful the way it was lit up. I went to get my camera after landing that fish but the good show was over and I didn't get any pictures of it. Still fresh in my mind though! A great day fishing and I was only there less than 2 hours. Next week I'll be heading to Idaho and I just can't hardly wait for that. You know why!

No comments: