Friday, December 12, 2008

Fishing at Eagle Lake again


Today I went up to Eagle Lake and tried one last time to catch a few of those illusive critters. I say "last time" because it may very well be the last time I fish up there since I'll be gone to Idaho until after the first of the year and next fall I'll be living in Idaho. So I said my goodbyes and I also managed to catch one small one, which was good since the conditions were really bad. It was smooth and calm and not the way I like it but I didn't freeze my ass off either so that was good.
The moon made a nice picture this morning when I got there and as you can see it was almost full. Like I said, it was smooth and glassy and I felt privileged that I even got one fish to bite. It was too small to keep and I let it go. Had lots of stuff to do today to get all my work out of the way and get ready to head to Idaho. The weather for the next 4 or 5 days doesn't sound too good but I am hoping to get a chance to make the trip on Sunday, otherwise I might have to wait a few more days and I just don't want to do that. I don't mind snowy roads as long as it's not icy and blizzard conditions. Hope that doesn't happen!

No comments: