Saturday, December 13, 2008

Leaving for the great white north

I'll be leaving in the morning to head to Idaho to see my favorite lady. The weather has not been all that good today and there were chain controls up this morning on I-80 and north from Wells into Idaho. Things have improved some but Karen tells me that they got some heavy snow in Idaho Falls today, which I also saw on the traffic cams. The showery nature of this cold system is hit or miss and under some of these showers the roads can get pretty coated, so I'm hoping I am going to miss most of that tomorrow. We'll see.

Today there was a skiff of snow on the ground here in Susanville and the temperature today never got too warm. The best I saw on my thermometer was 33°. I walked around town today down to Walmart and back up town to the Post Office. Both times I was really cold and the wind made it even worse. When I went to buy some washer fluid for my truck I was shocked to find that good old Walmart only has +32° washer fluid. Where in the hell do these people think their store is located anyway? People, get some -20 stuff, that's what we need around here! Anyone who is putting that +32° stuff in their cars this time of year is asking for trouble. It's going to freeze up, duhhhh! Since the weather where I'm going is even colder than here, I couldn't even think about buying any of it. I'll get some in Idaho, I'm sure they must have the good stuff up there. OK, I'm off to see the wizard... no, Karen.

No comments: