Friday, February 29, 2008

Back to reality...




65° today and the melting continues. Of course it's not going fast enough for me, but whatever.... I decided to go for a walk up the Bizz Johnson Trail today, and I did just that. I ran into one bum who I see around there all the time. I'm not sure if he was the guy who was living in a cave up there last winter, but I saw him at the beginning of my walk and I never saw another soul until I got back to the parking area at the Millers Trail Head. I can't say the walking is easy but there was quite a bit of the trail totally thawed out as you can see in the pictures.
There is supposed to be a little storm coming in tonight and tomorrow so it was great to get out and take advantage of the nice day. I feel so fortunate to be able to get out when the weather is nice, as opposed to having to hope the good weather and my day off just happen to coincide. I used to live like that before I retired and as a result, a lot of the outdoor activities I enjoyed took place in inclement weather. Now I can pick the good weather days to go fishing, biking, or any other thing outdoors.
I am thankful daily for even the little of life's good times, like watching a hawk soaring overhead or laying in the sun getting a tan. Ya gotta love that!

No comments: