Monday, February 25, 2008

Interesting day...





I had a rather interesting day today. I made myself a lunch and headed up to the Miller Trailhead on the Bizz. Since we had snow and rain the last couple of days I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to go for much of a walk but I had to try. There was enough snow to make walking a little difficult in places but it was still doable. I went up a little over a mile and sat under the same tree I ate my lunch at a while back. Worked up quite a sweat getting up there, post holing every now and then in the snow but it felt good to get a little exercise.




This picture shows some of the interesting patterns in the snow but I'm not exactly sure what caused them.

Anyway, so I come home and I'm clearing the snow off of my boat and I look under the cover and I see that my boat is half filled with ice. I take the cover all the way off and I just have to laugh.. the boat had filled up with water and then froze so now I have this huge block of ice in every compartment and everywhere. I can't even get to the drain plug in the back since it's covered with a block of ice and water on top of that. Ya think it's time for a new boat cover? So I had to buy a short hose so I could siphon the water out but it will be a while before the glacier melts.

I need some warmer weather... heading to Redding in a couple of days and I'll get some bike riding and fishing in to change the pace a little.

1 comment:

Tom & Helen McGrath said...

Any wonder why I hate the cold up in tha country. Watch it real close, the ice can cause some damage to the boat.

There is an old saying go West young Man Go West.