Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Cabbage and onions




Started my day with cabbage and onions... well, trying to give them away I guess I should say. But that soon passed and I had to get out and get on my bike. It was quite nice again today, plenty warm enough for bike riding but the muddy roads made me stay on the pavement. I decided to just ride around town and that's pretty much what I did. I also had to play around with my new camera too, so a closeup of some lichen growing on a rock looked like something to photograph.
There is a new bypass in town that hasn't been opened yet so it really makes a nice bike riding road. They have even put a bike lane along this one too which is what I wish they would try to do all over the valley. If that was done, it might encourage people to ride bikes more, right now there are many roads where you have no room to ride a bike other than on the edge of the traffic lane. I ride against the traffic as much as I can, which is against the law, but it's the only way I feel safe since I can see what's coming at me. This road starts at the college power station on Highway 139 and comes out on the Johnstonville road a little way east of the Post Office.
Tomorrow I'm heading down to Redding to ride the Clickapudi Trail in Jones Valley and maybe to catch a couple of fish along the way.. film at 11.

No comments: