Thursday, February 28, 2008

Lake Shasta

Drove down to Lake Shasta this morning to go ride the Clikapudi trail and do a little fishing. The lake is lower than I've ever seen it at this time of the year and I'm not sure I understand why, since most of Northern California has had more precip this winter than average. It wasn't raining today though, and the temperature was probably in the high 60's to low 70's. It was real windy from the north, but it was still warm enough that I didn't need to wear a sweater, my t-shirt was good enough. I only saw one other person all day along the trail, a lady that was out jogging.
Some flowers were starting to bloom so I tried the macro mode on my new camera. I have no idea what these flowers are, but it was nice to see them today.

I didn't catch any fish, but actually didn't try too hard... that's my story and I'm stickin' with it.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the upper purple flower is a Johnny PopUpslacy123. its a wild flower. You see a lot of them in the foothills the first of spring. The other flower no idea but will find out

Tom

Anonymous said...

disregard after Popsuplacy123
Should be Johnnt Popups
tom