Saturday, March 10, 2007

Feels like Spring!


Had a nice bike ride/walk in the snow with tennis shoes today. I was planning one thing route-wise and ended up doing something a little different due to the amount of snow that is still on the trail I was planning on taking. Before reaching the first tunnel up on the Bizz, this slide has totally blocked the trail. I had to climb over those boulders.
My original plan was to do one of my favorite loop rides and go around to the Piute Creek drainage and back into town via Susanville Ranch Park. Considering the snow situation I modified that and came down the Highway 36 grade. The weather was wonderful with light warm breezes and plenty of sunshine. I would have taken longer to do this ride but cutting it off like I did shortened it up considerably. Oh well, had a grand time no matter what.



No comments: