Sunday, January 18, 2009

Am I here?

Well, such an existential topic. Are we really here or is this all an illusion or a dream? So they say, pinch yourself to be sure you aren't dreaming. But some dreams are very real and you still have to choose what is reality and what is fantasy. So I'm walking along looking down at my shadow and thinking... there is evidence that I am actually here. Now I have to say that "here" is not where I want to be right now, but all indications are that I am actually here physically as evidenced by the blockage of the sun's rays. As much as I wish the rays hitting me were closer to the Idaho Falls region, at least the sun was out today and it wasn't all that cold. Deep thoughts notwithstanding, my walk today was another therapeutic episode with some nice eye candy thrown in.

The trail has been used some as you can see, and this is the apple orchard area up Piute Creek. I brought Karen here a couple of times last fall but today it was rather lonely and I had the place to myself, which was good for thinking.

The snow crystals are really big and I took quite a few pictures of them but the bottom one was the one I decided to post here. The freezing fog along the riparian area causes what the local indians called Pogonip. It leaves ice crystals on everything and has been the subject of many of my pictures in the past. Today was no different I guess. OK, now I have a day less than 4 weeks to go... can I make it? Stay tuned for the exciting ending to this episode in my life. Or not... it's up to you.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: