Sunday, October 28, 2007

Geek?

Who, me? Well, these days being a geek isn't a bad thing... at least not in my dictionary. My old friend Paul is the guy who talked me into building my first computer. He convinced me that it was the cheapest way to go, appealing to my frugal side. Well, that advice is no longer accurate. You can't expect to purchase all the parts of a computer and get anything better than a retail price for all the components. Large companies like Dell buy their parts in bulk. If you buy 1000 processors you can get a better price for them. So today I go out to visit my old friend Tom and his wife Helen. Tom was trying to do some video work and he was looking for some solutions. His computer has 256 mb of memory so they were using the laptop to render the video. Unfortunately the laptop has a small amount of free space so that didn't go very well either. After spending some time talking about the options, it appears that either upgrading what he has or just buying a new computer are his best bets. I just love computers. They end up costing you more money which takes care of that excess income... oh yeah!!
Well, that was today. The last couple of days I was out bike riding... big surprise, huh? Saw some beaver sign up at Devils Corral. Those guys must really have some sharp teeth to be able to chew wood like they do. On my way back down I decided that this tunnel looked picturesque.
It was a cool day, I was cold even with gloves and a sweatshirt on. In a couple of weeks I'll be heading down to Saline to bask in the warmth of the desert.

No comments: