Friday, April 10, 2009

Spring cleaning

Today it wasn't raining so I spent a couple of hours this morning working out in the yard. Karen's yard is a great place to work in and when everything starts to green up it will look really nice and will be a nice place to hang out too.

This morning we noticed that the boys had a squirrel treed up on the arch and he was pretty well trapped. As you can see in the pictures, there was no good way for him to escape but eventually he did, thankfully after we got some cute pictures of the event. The dogs really give the squirrels a bad time and chase them every chance they get, but never seem to actually catch one, which is a good thing.

The squirrels around here are an introduced species and while they are quite colorful and cute in their own way, they are also a nuisance and they go after the bird feeders to get the seeds. Ken used to trap them and take them down to the river and release them so I have been doing that too. So far I have only caught one but I will surely catch some more now that spring is here and the squirrels seem much more plentiful. I have a trap set right now and my guess is that I'll have to drive down to the river this afternoon.

So it's not a bad day today but thunderstorms are predicted, so we'll see. Karen is a working girl trying to get everything done before her last day next Wednesday. Those last minute tax filers are a pain I guess.

No comments: