Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Beautiful colors

There are some beautiful flowers coming up in Karen's back yard and I just had to take a few pictures of them. I usually take pictures of wildflowers this time of year but I haven't seen any yet so these will do nicely in their place. On one of these flowers I watched a honey bee gathering pollen and it was nice to see the insects are coming to life. That is a good sign.

Karen has this cool owl by her pond that she hand painted and the detail always blows me away. She did a wonderful job on it and while it may not frighten the squirrels or other animals away, it really goes well where she has it. It's a concrete statue and very heavy so it's not likely to be blown over or knocked over easily.

Today the weather has changed a little and we are supposed to be having some rain by this afternoon but it's still pretty warm out. The last couple of days were a nice break from the snow and cold and a little taste of things to come. I'm going to have to get a fishing license soon and try for some smallmouth bass in the river.

Last night we had prayer group and one of the guys there is an avid fisherman and he told me there are bass all over the place around here and showed me some pictures of some nice smallmouth he and his son had caught in the Snake River. The game is on!

No comments: