Sunday, April 12, 2009

Lava trail

Today Karen and I took the boys and went down the road to the Blackfoot rest areas to walk the Lava trails there. There are 2 rest areas at Blackfoot one on the south bound I-15 and the other on the northbound. We ended up driving down to Blackfoot and drove around town a little bit. I was wondering about that place since I have driven by it a few times and it's a cute little town, I must say. There was something familiar about the place but I just can't put my finger on exactly what it is.

The lava trails, as they are labeled at the rest areas, are paved and fairly flat and not very long. They have benches and interpretive signs all along them and are nice for someone who is not in very good shape and are very easy walking.

I was wanting to find my first Idaho wild flowers and this yellow one was the first I saw. I should know the name of this flower, I have taken many pictures of it back in California where it is also plentiful. I used to see these all the time along the Bizz Johnson trail so now I need to figure out what they are.

So, it was a nice day, a little blustery with some wind but not too cool and there was enough sun to make it comfortable out. We have our Zion trip coming up soon so hopefully I will get to see some more wild flowers around here before we go and also some of the ones from southern Utah. Spring has sprung.

No comments: