Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Nice drive!

I went over to Sloat today to visit with Chris. We sat a while out in the sun, which really felt nice. It was a warm day until later when the cloud cover moved in.

The drive over there was also quite low key and relaxing. I stopped in Greenville to see if the Thrift Store was open but it wasn't. There were a few icy spots on the road on the way over but they were all melted by the time I came back in the afternoon.

At one point Chris and I decided to go down to the gravel pit and see if the ice is off the pond. There are some nice bass in those ponds and they were almost completely ice free. Normally as soon as the ice comes off a body of water the bass seem to bite pretty good so I told Chris he should come and try it, but I don't know if he will. Anyway, while we were there we saw a Forest Service vehicle drive by. When they came back down the road they drove over to where we were and it turned out to be Rene' and Scott from Doyle. Funny how the chance meetings happen in life. I just saw those two the other day when I was out in Doyle so to run into them again out here was pretty coincidental.

Anyway, it was a nice day and a nice drive but going through Greenville made me miss Karen even more... if that's possible... 11 days to go, but down to only 10 tomorrow.

No comments: