Saturday, February 7, 2009

8 days to go!

Yep! 8 days and I'll not only get to start a new life in a new place, but more importantly I'll be able to be with the person I so am very much in love with. Sometimes I wonder how this happened. But then I don't want to over analyze a matter of the heart, it's not an intellectual thing even though it still is something I wonder about.

So yesterday I took a long walk around town going down some of the roads I was riding my bike on last summer and thinking this might be the last time I follow this route. It's a weird place for me to be in, being that I have lived here in this town for 37 years. Wow! Is that a long time or what? Doesn't seem that long to me but it is. One thing in life is really true, that change is inevitable. Sooner or later all things must pass and no matter how hard we try to keep things the same, it will most certainly change one way or another. I think the trick is to know when to resist change and when to embrace it. Guess which one of those I'm doing?

No comments: