Friday, February 13, 2009

Last post from Susanville


Yesterday was my last day at work and Karen suggested that I get a picture of my boss Danny and I. I'm so happy she made that suggestion since this will be a great memory of the times working in that warehouse. Danny was less a boss and more a friend and I'm going to miss him. In less than 24 hours I will be on the road to a new life. How many times is a person able to say that in their lives? Some more than others I guess. For me this ends a stay in the Susanville area of 37 years. I'm not sad at all about this but it does generate some emotion, I have to admit.

So today I will be done with this house and my old life. I am moving the last of my stuff out this morning and by this afternoon I will either be heading down the road or I might be sleeping here tonight and leaving very early tomorrow morning. The countdown is done... sort of. Now it's on with the rest of my life and a new start... with a beautiful tax professional that I am madly in love with.

No comments: