Monday, September 22, 2008

Goatheads

Man... took off on my bike after running around this morning doing errands, getting ready to leave town for a while. I didn't get too far before I accidently ran over a goathead vine. Those things are at their worst right now. The vines are all over the place, it's been dry so the heads are all prickly and stick like glue to everything.
I am always on the lookout for them this time of year but today I had a weak moment I guess, I didn't see it until my tires were full of those things. The first one I pulled out oozed slime so I knew it had gotten through. I have extra thick tubes with slime in them and that usually stops those things but when the green slime comes out the hole to the outside of the tire, that's not good. Needless to say I came right home and patched it before leaving again to ride the Canyon Trail up in Susanville Ranch Park.


No comments: