Monday, March 17, 2008

Sun bathing





Yeah, that's right, sun bathing in the middle of March. I took a long walk today up to the first tunnel on the Bizz. I ran into a couple who were walking very close together when they passed me... must be love. They were the only people I saw up there even though the trail was in pretty good shape. I don't subscribe to the bullshit idea that the sun is bad. I tan myself slowly every year, carefully timing my exposure until I can stay out in the sun for several hours before burning. In fact, last summer I never got burnt by doing it that way and I got a killer tan as a result. I never use sunscreen anymore except on rare occasions. All things in moderation I always say, and the sun is actually good for you. Sure feels good too.
As you can see, there is a lot of open ground up there with most of the snow left in the shady spots. Mid 50's today so tomorrow I'm planning on driving up the Janesville Grade to see if I can ride my bike up there. Film at 11:00.

No comments: