Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Headin' South

Yesterday I took a drive up the Janesville Grade to see if there were any open spots on the road so I could go bike riding. Beyond the upper Clarks Loop road, where they stopped plowing, it looked like solid snow cover on the road, so no bike riding up there yet. Plan B for me was to head out to the valley to a place I had been to about 30 years ago. There is a road that comes off of the road going to the top of Shaffer Mountain that a friend of mine took me on with his new 4-wheel drive truck, back in the 70's. I never have been back all these years even though it's right in my back yard, so-to-speak. It turned out to be a great place to ride my bike, totally closed off to the public from the bottom due to fences and gates.. which don't give me much of a problem when I'm bike riding.

There were many flowers growing out there, these were the prettiest but I guess I need to get myself a good flower book so I can start identifying them. Right Tom? Anyway, the temps were in the mid 60's, the sun was out all day even though there were some clouds in the sky, and life was/is good. Today I have to get ready for my trip down south to the desert where I hope to be wearing shorts and t shirts every day for the next week.

No comments: