Friday, March 7, 2008

Out in the desert...

Went up Janesville Grade this morning to see how much snow there is. It had been plowed to the upper Clarks Loop road but impassable beyond there. The snow is so solid you can walk on it with no problem and it's not going to be melting very fast since its almost solid ice. It was nice to get up in the woods but I was heading for the desert today. I went out on the back side of Shaffer Mountain and did a loop ride that was pretty flat. There are many places where you can find artifacts out there and I found this grind stone and many more in various places. There is something kind of special to find stuff like this out in the areas where people used to live.

Here is an arrow head I found. After I was done photographing it I carefully replaced it where I had found it. I know it's illegal to pick these things up but I put this one back, honest. I'm sure anyone else who finds it will pick it up and take it.


I'm going to have to get out there a little more, I never saw a soul all day and it was good to be in the wide open spaces.


No comments: