Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Outside always


Riding in the hills around Susanville continues to be my favorite thing to do. North of town is mostly private property, the majority seems to belong to Sierra Pacific Lumber Co. They have gates across the roads in places and that keeps most motor vehicles out so I hardly ever see anyone. I did see an atv the other day but he didn't see me. This picture was taken from near the top of the ridge in the old Eagle Lake burn looking back toward Susanville.


Another cabin? Yes, this one is called Wemple Cabin. Rode up there today on a 21 mile loop which is about as flat as any of my rides ever get. It's really not flat at all but the ups and downs are spaced out far enough that the slopes don't work me very hard. I went up to Thompson Peak first thing today so this ride was a nice way to finish the day. Tomorrow... swimming at the lake!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: