Friday, July 6, 2007

More fires!



So, we are in a heat wave out here. Actually I'm quite loving this heat and yesterday I went up to Antelope Lake and rode my bike around the lake, stopping for a swim at the swimming rocks along the way.

After my ride I walked down to an out-of-the way spot I like to go swimming at and stayed there the rest of the day. While I was there I started seeing a few whispy clouds form above me and some of them started coming together. I was hoping that they would either not build to thunder storms, or would bring some rain with them. I'm not sure if it rained or not after I left, but I didn't hear any thunder either. Unfortunately I heard this morning on the news that lightning started a series of fires south of the lake, they said something about 1000 acres and that the campgrounds at the lake had been evacuated last night. Major bummer! Most of my lake has been burned up and I only hope that the rest of it doesn't get burned. Needless to say I'm heading up there today to do some more bike riding and I'll check it out for myself. I have my fingers crossed that the fires stay south of the lake. We'll see!

No comments: