Thursday, June 4, 2009

Ririe Reservoir

Yesterday we took a drive up to Ririe Reservoir which is about 30 minutes drive from town. It was a nice day and we ate lunch sitting on the rocks overlooking a nice cove in the upper part of the lake. Since I know this lake has bass in it I was checking it out with that idea in mind. They charge $3 for parking at the recreation area at the dam so we drove back up the lake till we could get to a view point which was where we ate lunch.


Along the way we saw this moose and her young one so being the typical tourist I had to take a picture. Moose around here are like deer in California, quite common. Since we didn't have any maps of the area and I had to get back and get the lawns mowed, we didn't explore around as much as I usually like to do but that can happen some other time.

The one thing I did notice was the bass boat working the shoreline down in the cove near where we ate lunch. Of course I had to take a picture of that as you can see.

Everything was green and lush and the wildflowers were blooming and the smells and sounds from all the birds singing really made this a special day for me. Being out there with Karen made it all the more special and being in a wild place recharged my batteries some. This place has some really nice bike riding potential too so maybe that will be in the cards sometime.

No comments: