Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Church Service at Karen's

Sunday we had a nice dinner and church service at Karen's for her second church group. Ham, and a bunch of other stuff were on the menu. I had the honor of cooking the ham but the dinner was a group effort. Sonny is the gentleman sitting at the head of the table and he is the pastor for this church. Sonny is also a pretty good chess player and he beat me, which was the first loss I had so far since I got here. Nothing wrong with getting beat by a man with God on his side, is there? It was a great day and with lots of good food and company Karen will make me a socialite yet.

The weather continues to be interesting up here, it snowed about 8" yesterday so now we have about a foot of snow on the ground. The street got plowed today so now you can drive without getting stuck. Ya gotta love it! Yep! I do!

No comments: