Friday, June 13, 2008

Sauntering..

In green meadows full of flowers.. barefoot even.. Ya gotta love that! My wanderings today brought me by quite a few beautiful meadows as yet not trampled by cows. It was a gorgeous day, warm with light breezes and not a cloud to block the sun. Needless to say I was making vitamin D for several hours.

One of the things about the east side of the Plumas that always bothers me is that the creeks don't run clear like their counterparts on the west side. Most of the creeks you find have a sort of coffee color to them. I always attributed that to cattle when I was working for the Forest Service, but now I'm not too sure that's the only cause for it. Never-the-less, I wouldn't want to have to drink any of this stuff, even using my water filter.

My ride today was up near Wemple Cabin and even though I did see some people, they were few and far between. I guess I would have preferred not to see anyone, but that's the way it goes...

Still... it was all good...

No comments: