Sunday, June 29, 2008

Cradle Valley

Rode around Cradle Valley and around Clark Peak today... very nice, hot day, almost too hot for sunbathing. I know this country like the proverbial back of my hand but I was on some new trails today. I knew exactly where they were going, so even though they were new to me, the country wasn't.

Found a little pond along Clarks Creek and saw a little fresh beaver sign, so beavers could have been responsible for this pond too, I suppose.


There was some smoke in the air which didn't help the scenery pictures much so I tried to keep the subjects in the foreground.

My GPS said 13 miles for this trip, with a 1500 foot elevation change. Wasn't a long ride but I took my time, laid in the sun for a couple of hours, stopped often to take pictures and smell the flowers, so it was all good. I even ran into someone I know up there... he was riding his motorcycle. Small world, or what?

No comments: