Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Crabs and Clams

So my daughter and her husband took me out with them to get some clams and crabs. It was a minus low tide this morning so some good areas were exposed in the Humboldt Bay near Fields Landing. I slept in a little and didn't go with my son in law and his friend when they left early since I had neglected to bring my fishing license with me. I didn't have any rubber boots either, which is also a requirement of this expedition, so I stayed on the shoreline and looked at all the exposed shell beds. They were digging for horseneck clams and found quite a few. After that muddy experience we went to another place to throw in the crab pots and they got these 2 nice rock crab.

One of the great things about being near the ocean is being able to do stuff like this but for June 4th, it could have been a little warmer for my blood. I like hot and hot was far removed from the cold wind that was blowing all the time we were out there. It was still a great experience and something new for me. Needless to say, we are eating clams for dinner tonight... Yummy!!

No comments: