Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Scenery

That's one thing we have a lot of around here. You don't have to go far to get some pretty good views. Yesterday I rode my bike up to Susanville Peak and sat on the top rock. You can't ride all the way to the top and I had to guess at where to stop along the road to have the shortest hike up. As it turned out I didn't make a very good call and ended up walking much farther than I had to, but it's all good. This first picture is the highest rock pile.



On the way down the road there are some nice overlooks and that's what the second picture is.



But today was a fishing day. There were some really nice calm times today and this is one of them. I was running a rapala through those rocks and getting a few of the smaller fish to bite. I saw some really big ones in there among the rocks but they didn't want my lures. Oh well, maybe tomorrow they will like it better...

No comments: