Monday, April 28, 2008

Fish are biting!

Yesterday I met Chris up at the lake and we tried to find a place to fish for the first few hours. The lake was about the busiest I have ever seen it and it reminded me why I stay away from here on weekends. We saw some large bass but couldn't get them to hit, trying rapalas and plastic worms. Eventually we started catching fish and some of them were really nice.

The crappie are starting to school up and we caught quite a few of them and they were quite large. We started using a bobber and jig setup and caught bass and crappie with that rig. Chris caught 2 big bass, one weighed 3 lbs 14 oz, which is the one in the picture here, and he got another one that weighed just 1 oz under 3 lb.

Even though we had a slow start, the fishing was actually pretty good. I caught 37 fish, lots of them nice solid keepers if I had a mind to keep some. OK, I did keep a few but all the big ones went back in, including that nice crappie, which was full of eggs.

No comments: