Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The lighter side of life.




After watching the smoke from the fire up at Antelope Lake this week and knowing what the fire was doing to the forest where I do most of my recreating, it was nice to get out and see some wildlife. This doe and her babies were fairly unconcerned as I rode my bike down the Bizz Johnson trail. I just had to stop and get a picture of them. Mama did keep a close eye on me while I was snapping this picture but they didn't run off. The hot weather has made it nice for me to ride up to my favorite swimming hole each day and I've seen these deer a couple of times. Last night we had a pretty good light show from the lightning so I went up to skyline park and sat on the bench and took the other pictures. I should've taken my tripod. There is more lightning predicted for today so maybe I can try again. As far as the Antelope fire goes, the latest maps show that the fire has burned up most of the area out in Dry Flat where I used to ride my bike. If it goes the way it did last year the Forest Service will keep the area closed most of the summer so who knows when I'll get back up there. Oh well.

No comments: