Sunday, April 15, 2007

Fishing in the rain!



Yesterday Chris and I went up to Antelope Lake and did a little fishing from shore. As you can see, I was successful but unfortunately, Chris wasn't. This fish probably went around 2 lbs and it was the largest of the three I caught, but I didn't bring a scale so I'm just guessing at the weight. I got one crappie on a jig next to some rocks and the other two were bass. It rained on us on and off all the time we were there, but it wasn't really all that cold. It was nice to get out and I have to do that more often. I had forgotten that when the weather is bad, you don't have alot of competition. There was only one boat that we saw on the lake and very few bank fishermen. This fish, most likely a male, had a tail that told me he was fanning a nest. You can see it in the picture. I'm thinking crappie fillets for dinner!

No comments: