Saturday, February 19, 2011

Winter’s back!

As well it should be this time of year.  Normally if we get weather like we have had this past week I just like to stay home and keep the wood stove stoked up but when your wife works in Quincy, about 20 miles away, you can’t just hole up and stay put.  Last night on the way back from picking her up in Quincy we got stopped when a big rig jack knifed and blocked the road.  We were there for a little over an hour and a half and the snow was just dumping the whole time.  They finally opened the road again and we got home around 9:00 after leaving Quincy a little after 6:00.  Driving conditions were what I like to describe as horrendous and if I didn’t have to be there you couldn’t have made me go no matter what.  So much for my vow to never drive anywhere when the road conditions are that bad.

This morning I went out and took a couple of pictures in the yard so you can see how much it snowed here in the last few days.

078079

We are supposed to have a break today into Monday and Tuesday and then next week about Thursday it’s supposed to come again with a chance of snow even down into the Sacramento Valley.  By that time all of this will be gone and we will be ready for the next batch.  I’m not gonna drive in it!  Yeah, Right!

No comments: