Monday, October 18, 2010

Fall Burning

One of the things I used to love doing in the fall was burning. Maybe it was the latent pyro in me from all my years as a firefighter I guess or the primal effect fire has on people, who knows, but one of the good things about living in Greenville is doing yard work by fire. Yesterday it was drizzling and it was a permissive burn day so outside with a pocket full of matches I go. I got 2 of my piles burned and I have 2 more really big ones so I will wait till it's raining again before I light those. It's great being able to burn the residue instead of having to haul it off somewhere and since we have so many trees here on our property I have lots of needles and branches to dispose of. I'm burning some of the larger branches in the wood stove but being able to do open burning really helps get rid of the rest of it.

Karen's property up on the hill has quite a few piles that she and Ken made before he died so we need to get up there and light those too but that will certainly have to wait for wetter weather. Anyway, ya gotta love it!

No comments: