Friday, August 13, 2010

Willow Lake

Went up to Willow Lake today to show everyone the floating bog. That thing is so cool and it still looks like I remember it. The whole shoreline in this picture is floating bog and walking on it is like walking on a water bed. The last time I went up there was many years ago and it didn't change much over time. We went swimming but there are a fair amount of weeds growing just under the surface which made treading water almost impossible. I was able to back float over them though and that worked out just fine. I was also able to identify 3 species of fish in there, bluegill, trout, and catfish. As bassy as it looks you'd think there might also be some bass in there but I don't know and didn't see any I could clearly identify as bass. It was a nice day, warm and the water felt great. Not to mention that the scenery was hard to beat.

No comments: