Monday, August 23, 2010

A berry good day

Yesterday we headed down the canyon to the Caribou road to do a little berry picking. The blackberries are coming along nicely but next week they will be even better since we found quite a few that weren't ripe yet. If we were going to be here I would go back down there and get some more for sure but we will be heading back to Idaho Falls by then. Needless to say we picked plenty to make a few pies and next year I want to get enough to make some wine.

Picking blackberries is a prickly affair and I had to wade into the patches to get to the good ones. I didn't see any poison oak but I know it grows down there and I hope I didn't stumble into any as I was picking. I was watching out for it so I don't think I got around any.

After picking and getting pricked we drove back up the Caribou road around Butt Lake and back to Greenville. It was a nice day, not very warm for August but then this year has been colder than normal all summer. Good old global warming... where is it?

No comments: