Friday, March 26, 2010

Gettin' ready to travel again!

Yep, this time I'm going fishing in California at Lake Shasta. I'm leaving next Thursday and will be there for a couple of weeks all told. Last year I only went fishing one time all year so a week of fishing will be nice. Of course seeing my buddy's Bob and Dennis will be making it a good trip, no doubt. I always like getting together with those guys and we always have a lot of fun. It used to be that we had a lot of fun together at work but now all of us are retired and living in different parts of the country.

Another good thing about my upcoming trip is that I get to see my daughter Tracey and my grand kids. In fact, I'm going to try and make the rounds and see Colleen, Sue and Bill all on that same trip.

The weather here in Idaho has moderated some, it snowed yesterday but there have been some warm sunny days since we got back last Saturday and most of the snow on the ground is gone now from the winter. There is still a small pile at the edge of the driveway where I piled it up when I was shoveling. Karen's pond was frozen over for too long and she lost all her fish, which is a shame since she had some sizable koi in there and they are quite expensive to replace. I keep waiting for global warming to kick in but I think another ice age is upon us instead. To be honest about it, human kind would do much better under a global warming scenario than they would under an ice age one.

No comments: