Friday, February 27, 2009

Apartment dweller

I found an apartment that I could afford and will be moving in on Monday. It's a really small place but it will do for now. This will be the first time I have lived in an apartment since the early 70's. This place is only 12 blocks from Karen's house so walking back and forth or riding my bike when it's warm enough will be the best means of transportation.

It's clear, sunny and quite cold this morning. It was around 16° when I walked Karen to work and when I came back I was walking against the wind and you talk about cold! This was the coldest morning I have been out walking yet. If it's this cold tomorrow and we walk to work I'll have to wear a few more clothes and a hood. I actually saw 2 people on bikes today and they had to be suffering from the wind chill. Ahhhh, the joys of winter!

No comments: