Monday, October 20, 2008

Fall Color

Went up the park trail system yesterday for a short bike ride before heading up on the hill to sit on the bench and think for a while. The colors are somewhat subdued this year compared to last year, maybe because we had such a hard freeze last week that shocked some of the vegetation. I know that I saw trees around town that had leaves killed by that freeze and they didn't have a chance to turn colors. Anyway it was a pleasant day, fairly comfortable and sitting on the bench in the sun felt real good.

On Thursday I'm driving to Vegas and I won't be back till the first part of next week. To say that I am looking forward to spending a few days down there with Karen would be a huge understatement, and going to the desert this time of year will be a nice warm change of climate. Warm weather with the lady I want to spend time with, you can't beat that. Now all I have to do is get through the week!

No comments: