Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Climbin' and ridin'...

Had a nice visit with my sister Pat the last few days but yesterday she stayed out at Linda's so I went bike riding. I wanted to climb another peak I hadn't been to and that's what I did. I'm starting to like this bike riding/hiking thing I have been doing lately. I ride my bike as far as possible and hike the rest of the way to the top of whatever mountain I picked to climb. This one was Papoose peak. In the first picture the highest point is not what it seems. It's to the right of center and doesn't look like the highest point from that vantage point.

When I got up on top I found an old road that I could have easily rode up on so if I go up there again I'll try the road next time. I took the wrong route up through the brush and got into some very heavy snowbrush and manzanita and going uphill against the brush is always the hardest. Once I got up on top though, it was easy going.

The view from up there was nice and it wasn't too smoky. Total of 12 miles today including the hike up to the top of the peak. Ya gotta love this stuff... I sure do!!

No comments: