Saturday, September 8, 2007

The carnage continues


OK, that's about enough of this Moonlight fire. If it burns for a couple of more days it will run out of fuel when it hits Honey Lake. Shortly after I took these pictures it got a little darker in my house so I decided to take another little ride up to Skyline Park. I took a couple more pictures but these aren't them.
It's obviously moving again but there wasn't much wind today. A fire that size generates it's own wind anyway, but it would be nice not to see it gobbling away for a change. I just read an estimate of 40,000 acres. If you compare todays pictures with the ones I took a couple of days ago you can see how far this thing has burned. I hate to think of what might happen if this thing comes off the escarpment behind Janesville. I really think that is unlikely unless we have a SW wind event, which isn't predicted in the next few days. I heard Janesville Grade is closed again so that pretty much keeps me out of my favorite bike riding areas. Come on now, put that fire out!

No comments: