Monday, June 18, 2007

Wildlife sighting!


Ok, it's not like I don't see my share of wildlife when I'm out and about. I came around a corner on the Babcock Peak road a while back and there was a bear walking down the road about 100 feet away. I stopped my bike and said "whoa" out loud and it stopped, turned and looked at me for a minute. Now I've seen bears in the woods before and I usually try to get as close as I can to get a good look at them, but I also usually have a large amount of metal around me from the vehicle I'm in. When you see an animal like that and you have nothing between you and it, the perspective of the situation changes. Fortunately after looking at me momentarily, this bear ran the other direction. (Which is exactly what I wanted it to do.)
Anyway, today the wildlife was a little smaller and slimier. Heard some big bullfrogs calling in this beaver pond today too. Oh, no picture of the bear, unfortunately.

No comments: